:-)

There is nothing more beautiful than being able to see the beauty of everything beyond light and shades!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Untitled Update

When I created this blog last year, my intention was to present who I am, minus the serious stuff like work, politics and current events. Of course at that time I had no work to speak of, in the first place. Last year, after I left my teaching career, I decided to go slow. My hubby and I planned to have a family and so I decided to stay at home. 


But some things don't end up as planned. I became active with the campaign to REFORM ARMM NOW. I spoke on two Public Hearings conducted separately by the House of Representatives last March 12, 2011 and by the Senate last May 19, 2011. We diligently lobbied at the Senate and I had a first hand experience on being part of how laws are passed, that is on the part of the constituents, to actively present their stand to the legislators. Well, few legislators had already made up their minds -- they refused to listen, which was sad and quite disappointing. 

Anyway, the Synchronization of ARMM Elections with the National Elections was being passed into to law on June 30, 2011. 

To cut the long story short, I became part of the ARMM REFORM TEAM as the Cabinet Secretary last December 26, 2011. 

Today, August 28, is my 8th month in ARMM. So many things happened and will happen inshaaAllah. It is still quite early to brag about the things that we have accomplished so far. But I'm confident that things have changed tremendously. In my next blog posts, I will discuss them one by one, inshaaAllah.

So now, I have to break my rule not to talk about work, politics and current events in my personal blog. Just like what I have said in my FB status when I assumed into office: I cannot just separate my personal life with my work because I am treating my work personally. I am young and I am not risking my future to be dragged down into something worth regretting. So there, this blog may still be talking about my work and the likes. So help me Dear God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment