:-)

There is nothing more beautiful than being able to see the beauty of everything beyond light and shades!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plants versus Zombies: More than What Meets the Eye

I never had the intention to play Plants versus Zombies (PVZ) until I explored my dad's IPad.  Seriously, had I known that PVZ is its abbreviation, I would not have opened the "mysterious" icon.  So there, after surviving level 1, I played the next level and then another and then another.. Later I realized that I was so into the game that I even sacrificed a meal or two.  (Hmm My UTI could have been triggered by PVZ since I kept on holding my bladder. I knew it!  PVZ is the culprit. Tsk..)  I was sleepless for a night or two when my dad left for Butuan because he, of course, took his IPad with him. *big SIGH*  So I harassed my hubby to look for a PVZ installer and install it in my laptop.  Harassment, successful!  I have been playing the game ever since...

But this is not about how PVZ turned me into a psychopath zombie-killer.  Okay, the plants are so adorable, except for the ugly looking chili, grumpy squash, witch-y tangle kelp and boring tall-nut; and the zombies can be so annoying that anyone would like to kill them making them double-dead.  I noticed that behind the fascinating graphics is the humor of the game that can easily glue its players even after surviving the adventure mode.


 This is "Endless Survival," the last among the eleven Survival Levels.  I have no idea how many flags are in this last level.  The earlier levels have four flags, then ten flags..

 This is how my Zen Garden looks like after feeding my plants.  Stinky Snail did all the collecting work.  When you give a bar of chocolate to Stinky, it can collect coins and gems up to one hour.  So whenever I take a nap or cook or take a bath, I just leave my laptop on with Stinky doing all the job.  After one hour, taadddaaah! I have at least $12,000!  The chocolates and plants can be found while playing the Adventure Mode or Survival Mode.  Crazy Dave sells Marigold for $2,500 each, Stinky the Snail for $3,000, Golden Water Can for $10,000, 5 bags of fertilizer for $750 and 5 bottles of bug sprays for $1,000. 

 This is how hungry plants look like. 

 I have completed all plants including the Imitater and Wall-Nut First Aid which are not in the Almanac.  My favorite plants is, of course, Sunflower!

I hate Gargantuar and imp zombies because they can destroy your plant with just one blow.  It was somewhere between the 13-15th flag (Survival Mode) where there will be a group of at least 8 Gargantuars and imps, not to mention more than a dozen of Pogo Zombies, Digger Zombies, Balloon Zombies and Dolphin Rider Zombies, attacking your lawn.

I have already completed Adventure Mode but I have not encountered the Ice something Zombie.  So there is one slot missing.

I will write about the Tree of Wisdom soon.  GTG.  I need to feed my hungry plants.  *hugs*

2 comments:

  1. i'm also hooked on this! Reading this post inspired me to also feature my pvz achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe PVZ is super addicting. i can't wait for the newer version. it's not yet out though.

    ReplyDelete