:-)

There is nothing more beautiful than being able to see the beauty of everything beyond light and shades!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Realty Bites, How Come I Could Not?

Okay.  Here I am again in this time of the year -- wishing I'd be healthier, better, slimmer and more toned.  Just to exempt myself from the typical wannabe-sexier women who think that they need to shed more pounds to be beautiful, I don't have beauty issues.  I am beautiful inside and out. 

The thing that haunts me every morning upon waking up, especially in those momentous eating times of the day, is my "bad" health.  I have been sickly since November 2010 -- or should I say ever since I gained weight (as far as March 2006).

At this point of time, I have already accepted the painful reality: I am not healthy and I need to do something about it.  I am tired of putting a pink blush over my anemic pale skin or of wearing clothes that would make me look slimmer and taller or of smiling even with the discomfort of prolonged menstruation (plus the painful dysmenorrhea due to hormonal imbalance and PCOS), constant migrain, aching joints, asthma attacks and frequent and painful urination due to UTI.

By the way, I am only twenty-seven.

With the above mentioned ailments, I am really dead-serious to lose weight and be healthy as soon as possible.  Right now, the only thing I can do is to watch my diet since my physical activities are limited.  I just had a fractional curretage two days ago (due to endometrial hyperplasia) and I am still recovering from asthma.  Also, I need to get a go signal from my cardiologist since I have mild mitral valve prolapse.

I have been raiding the internet as to what to eat since my dietitian crashed out almost every food from my list.  I cannot eat the following: oats, wheat bread, tomatoes, eggplant, orange, lemon, papaya, pineapple, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, all kinds of beans, full cream milk, all kinds of nuts, coconut milk, bread spreads, cakes, desserts, fried foods, dried fish, sardines, seafood, tuna, fish (my favorite malasugi, tangigue and other big fish), internal organs of meat, egg yolks, chocolates, ice cream, (ah!) cabbage.  So what else can I eat?  Just to make the record straight, my dietitian is not the villain of the story.  I have very high cholesterol (303), high uric acid (8.89), anemia and weird allergens.  That's why it took sometime for my dietitian to create a low-fat, low purine, low-cholesterol, hypo-allergenic diet exclusively for me considering the complexities of food.  (E.g. Oats may be a good source of fiber, good for lowering the bad cholesterol.  However, oats may also increase uric acid and instant oats are high in sugar.)  Yes, my diet is very very complex and complicated.  Food used to be my ultimate best buddy.  But I never realize that every food has a disadvantage.  What could be the healthiest food on earth that any person with any disease can eat it anytime?  (Please let me know it there is any.)
 

So as soon as I am ready to move a muscle, P90x and Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred, you two better watch out. LOL

Reality bites, how come I could not?  Oh well, who says I cannot swallow it whole? *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment